Leighton's collaboration with iTunes continues as it will be hosting a Q & A session with her next week. Tweet them your questions! The date on the graphic vs. the tweet doesn't match up though :/
The podcast for her "Meet the Musician" event from last Tuesday is online. It's around 25 minutes but unfortunately does not include the performances :(
- Her influences: Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Bonnie Wright, Fiona Apple, Stevie Knicks, etc.
- Painful experiences are universal so everyone can relate to her music
- Talks about pre-production and being introduced to her producer Jeff Trott
- Never had time to focus on and promote her music until now
- The most adorable expression ever to why she named her own label "Hotly Wanting"
- Why she "amicably washed her hands" of Universal Republic and switched to Vagrant Records (creative differences, $$$, etc.)
- Heartstrings, the song, started off as a "stupid" F U song to an ex, but it's taken on more meaning as time passed (growing up, putting on a facade, her career) -- also why it's a good mood setter for the rest of the album
- Gossip Girl "feels like a million years ago, a lot has happened since, mostly good"
- Getting signed because she was on a TV show, her naivete about the industry at first
- How she broke into acting and wanting to keep advancing to a new level and wanting more
Overall, it was a really sweet, adorable and honest interview. Worth checking out despite the performances getting cut.